Welcome from Amy D. Unsworth

Language, Literature, Learning & Life.




Aprille

is already here, Poetry Month and all. I'm getting the emails from the poets.org site and I like that the poems are from recent books of poetry. I also am on another list serve that likes to send poems from Tu Fu or Li Po. I think after awhile the combination of the moon and its reflection on the water would get old, but I love these poems translated from the Chinese. I can't explain it. I think it is because I too am in love with the moon. Yesterday, it was early evening and the full moon was almost transparent rising over the prairie. Someone was doing their burn down; which in Kansas means burning off all of the dead prairie grass from the past year so that new can grow. The smoke was drifting in a thin veil. The sunlight was still the color of fresh lemons. I swear the cows were beautiful, in their various colored coats (cream, brown, black, and spotted) in the fresh green of the fields.

2 comments:

michi said...

ah yes, i'm a moon child, too.

hope you're doing well, amy.

m

Amy D. Unsworth said...

Hello Michi,

It's nice to have you drop in!
My first published poem was a poem about the moon for a moon contest that Poet's Canvas ran. Somehow, staring at the moon never gets old.

best,
Amy